Personal Auto Insurance
Personal Auto Insurance is a complicated area. Many insurance companies lead you to believe that discussing this subject with an inexperienced telemarketer is a quality substitute for having a personal agent. Don’t buy into that theory for a minute.
Through our years of experience at the Carleton Agency we have proven time and time again that there is no substitute for having an agent to guide you. Price is part of the your personal auto policy, but price does not always reflect coverage. We will provide you pricing from all of our companies and we can compare coverage options. The results of less coverage and a customer service representative that doesn’t explain what you are purchasing will linger long after the happiness of discovering a cheaper price. Contact us to find out the latest coverages available.
Generally speaking most Personal Auto policies
provide the following basic coverages:
- Liability – This coverage pays others for damages from an auto accident that you caused.
- Bodily Injury Liability – This coverage pays other for accidental injury or death caused by you in an auto accident you cause.
- Property Damage Liability – This coverage pays for damage to property of others in an auto accident that you caused.
- Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your car in an accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage pays for damage to your car from fire, lightning, vandalism, flood, theft, animal, glass breakage, falling objects and other specified perils.
- Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist – This coverage pays for bodily injury or property damage suffered by you if you are in an auto accident caused by a driver with lesser limits or uninsured completely.
- Personal Injury Protection (otherwise known as PIP) – This is your medical coverage for injuries you and others suffer in an auto accident.